|+ Visit the NASA portal|
Special Offer to School Districts!
Max Goes to Mars
by Jeffrey Bennett
Max Goes to the Mars will be available to districts expressing interest for their elementary school systems' libraries. The author writes, “I'd love to include all your districts in the donation program. But please let me know soon, as nearly 4,000 of the 5,000 donation copies are already spoken for. “
Basically the district needs to agree to receive the books at a central location and distribute one book to each elementary school in the district. The following districts are already getting books (so if you're in one of these, you're already covered): Houston, New Orleans, St. Paul, Tucson, Ann Arbor, Los Angeles Unified, New York City, Sonoma County CA, Manteca CA, Grand Prairie TX, Nacogdoches TX, and the entire states of Colorado, Hawaii, and Vermont.
Books will be ready to ship to schools in about 6 weeks.
Below are comments about a previous Bennett book
MAX GOES TO THE MOON
* Winner, 2004 Colorado Book Award - Best Children's Book
* A Parents' Choice Foundation Recommended Award Winner
* A National Science Teachers Association Recommended Book (grades K-8)
* Selected by NASA as an Outstanding Educational Product
* "Simply the coolest kids' book to come along in years." - Clay Evans, Boulder Daily Camera
* "A book that can be enjoyed by children and adults and is scientifically accurate besides is a rare treasure indeed." - Astronomy Education Review
NASA Official: Mark León
Last Updated: May 2005
+ Contact Us